Four Ways to Keep Your Child Reading this Summer
1. Make daily reading a social event. Get the whole family to join in with their own books or take turns reading the same book aloud.
2. Connect reading to other summer events. If you take your child to the zoo, think about reading a book about animals before and afterward. This will place your child's reading within a larger context.
3. Make reading a lifestyle choice. Keep books all around the house to cultivate an atmosphere of reading.
4. Most of all make reading a fun part of your summer plans.
Avoid the Summer Slide and Minimize the Brain Drai
1. Consider signing your children up for camps, visit nature centers, museums, and libraries as a family.
2. See who can read the most books this summer, with each one slightly more challenging than the last.
PTA Membership Form
If you are interested in joining the Sango PTA, please click on the link for a membership form.
[ click here
for all news items ]