Faculty and Staff Directory


Student Email

Curriculum/School Counseling

Library Media Center

Clubs and Programs

Parent Info

Bullying Prevention

Parent Organizations

Student Handbook/Attendance

School Links

Our School

Volunteer Here

Blue Jays School History
Moore Magnet Elementary School sits on the site that was once Merricourt Farm owned by Mr. and Mrs. Hunter. The school was built in 1951-52 and named for C.H. Moore, longtime superintendent of the Clarksville City Schools. Numerous small renovations were completed on the facility through the years. Major renovations began in the spring of 1993. Numerous classrooms were added to the facility. The entrance was reconstructed, and a new office area enclosed. All portables were removed, and the building was self-contained. Students began school in the newly renovated facility in the fall of 1993. Moore Elementary School was renamed Moore Magnet School of Math, Science, and Technology in 2004. Moore Magnet Elementary School has been served by the following principals: Mr. Doyal Branson, Mrs. Grace Cunningham, Dr. Frank Hodgson, Mrs. Lettie Kendall, Mrs. Jacquelyn Hudson, Mrs. Laura Black, Mrs. Kim B Smith and present-day principal, Mrs. Ptosha Maclin.
School Links

For corrections or questions about this school's website, email any of the following:
Sonia Koester,
Kris Goddard,