Administrators

Faculty and Staff Directory

Powerschool

Student Email

Curriculum/School Counseling

Library Media Center

Clubs and Programs

Parent Info

Bullying Prevention

Parent Organizations

Student Handbook/Attendance

School Links

Our School

Volunteer Here

Eagles School History
RES

Ringgold Elementary School

We can trace our inception to 1863, when Reverend Samuel Ringgold conducted a school for young men in the community. The first school building was located on land donated by the Williams family and became known as Williams Academy. It stood where the Little West Fork Baptist Church now stands.

Through more than a century, various institutions shaped the educational foundation of the entity known as Ringgold School. Ringgold School evolved from a school for boys to a two room, co-educational school in the early 19th Century. In 1915, it consolidated with Meadow Grove, Kenwood, and Grace Chapel Schools, and a second building was erected in front of the first.

M. L. Royster was named the first principal of the consolidated (Ringgold) school. At the time of the consolidation, Ringgold formed its own school board, and in 1923, several ladies of the community formed the first Parent-Teacher Organization. Another event took place in the community which had a profound effect on the school. Camp Campbell (later renamed Fort Campbell) Military Reservation was established. Then real change came for the school in 1948, when it moved to its present location on Ringgold Road.

Since 1948 Ringgold has undergone numerous renovations, the latest was begun in the spring of 2003 and completed in the fall of 2004. This latest building program expanded and renovated the existing school facility to add fourteen new classrooms (eliminating the need for 11 portable classrooms), a new media center, a new kitchen, and a new office wing. In addition to new construction, existing classrooms and the cafeteria were renovated. Currently, classrooms are being updated with the latest in technology innovations: LCD projectors, stereophonic sound systems, document readers,and dual microphones.

Presently, Ringgold Elementary School serves students in grades pre-k through five and students attend school seven hours a day for 180 days per year. Seventeen principals have served the school since its consolidation. In 2014, the current principal, Mrs. Angela Lovelace, was hired.

At Ringgold, you will see that we are proud to educate the youth of our community.

School Links
Tutoring



For corrections or questions about this school's website, email any of the following:
Lorri Kirkman, lorri.kirkman@cmcss.net
Tiffany Rasmussen, tiffany.rasmussen@cmcss.net