Parents, Please Join the CMCSS ‘Read for 20’ Campaign!
May 19, 2017
Please note: This article was originally published on 5/19/2017. Information and/or dates from past events may be not be relevant for the current school year.
Over the summer, students experience “summer slide” when they sit idle over the summer months. Children who do not read over the summer will lose more than two months of reading achievement. Exposure to reading is important in developing vocabulary for fluency and comprehension.
CMCSS is working with myOn to provide summer access to over 5,000 free digital books. Please see instructions below for access to the free books.
So, be sure to set up a routine for reading, make reading fun, and make sure your child reads every day!
Remember, reading 20 minutes or more every day can have a tremendous impact for your child.
Have a safe and happy summer!
CMCSS Student Login Instructions
1. Go to https://www.myon.com/login/
2. Click Clever Instant Login at the bottom of the screen. *You will also find a direct link to the myON/Clever login page on the CMCSS website under the Students and Parents tab.
3. Select your student’s school.
4. For username, enter your student’s 6-digit lunch number / PowerSchool ID.
5. For password, enter your student’s capital first initial, capital last initial, and his or her four digit PIN. For example, student John Smith with PIN 6789 would have password JS6789. **
** Your student’s exact password is displayed at the top of the screen when you sign into PowerSchool.
For more information, view the student overview for getting started with myON:
For older students: https://vimeo.com/156912644
For younger students: https://vimeo.com/183591110
If you cannot login, send an email to email@example.com. Phone support is not available.