Kindergarten Kickoffs Announced
February 27, 2018
Kindergarten Kickoffs for the 2018-19 school year will be held March through May at each of the 23 CMCSS elementary schools offering kindergarten.
Barkers Mill, May 3 from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Barksdale, April 5, from 5 – 6 p.m.
Byrns Darden, April 19 from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Carmel, April 12 from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Cumberland Heights, April 19 from 5-6 p.m.
East Montgomery, April 26 from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Glenellen, April 24 from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Hazelwood, April 17 from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Kenwood, April 24 from 5-6 p.m.
Liberty, April 23 from 5-6 p.m.
Minglewood, April 12 from 5-6 p.m.
Montgomery Central, April 10 from 5:30-7 p.m.
Moore Magnet, April 17 from 5-6 p.m.
Norman Smith, March 20 from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Northeast, May 4 from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Oakland, April 19 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Pisgah, April 16 from 6-7 p.m.
Ringgold, April 11 from 5-6 p.m.
Rossview, April 12 from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
St. Bethlehem, April 17 from 5-6 p.m.
Sango, April 12 from 5-6 p.m.
West Creek, April 10 from 5-6 p.m.
Woodlawn, April 24 5:30-6:30
Parents can input their addresses to find out what school their child is zoned by going to this web address: http://businfo.cmcss.net/
According to the State Department of Education, children entering kindergarten shall be five (5) years of age on or before August 15 for the 2018-19 school year. Tennessee State Law also requires that a student going into the first grade must show proof of attendance in an accredited kindergarten program.
To complete registration during the kickoff, please bring the following items:
· A birth certificate or other proof of date of birth
· State law requires that a copy of a student’s state-issued birth certificate be in their cumulative folder. Schools can accept other proof of date of birth for registration, but the parent/guardian needs to provide a copy of the child’s state-issued birth certificate.
· Student’s Tennessee Immunization Record
· A complete medical exam is required for all Pre-K enrollees. Evidence of completed exam can be presented upon registration. A medical exam is recommended for all students in grades K-12 at time of registration. See the Health Services page for more information.
· Proof of Custody (if requested by school)
· Two (2) Proofs of Residence (Example: water bill, electric bill, lease agreement, or other residency, etc.) Other residency information may be requested by the school.
· Power of Attorney For Care of a Minor Child form (required in certain circumstances)