- A birth certificate or other proof of date of birth
- State law requires that a copy of a student’s birth certificate be in their cumulative folder. Schools can accept other proof of date of birth for registration, but the parent/guardian needs to provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Student's Tennessee Immunization Record
- A complete medical exam for the first-time enrollee is required. Evidence of completed exam must be presented upon registration
- Proof of Custody (if requested by school)
- Proof of Residence (if requested by school)
- Power of Attorney For Care of a Minor Child form (required in certain circumstances)
According to the State Department of Education, children entering kindergarten shall be five (5) years of age on or before August 31 for the 2013-14 school year;
and they must be five (5) years of age on or before August 15 for the 2014-15 school year.
Tennessee State Law also requires that a student going into the first grade must show proof of attendance in an accredited kindergarten program.