Pre-K Application Opportunities for 2016-17
July 5, 2016
Please note: This article was originally published on 7/5/2016. Information and/or dates from past events may be not be relevant for the current school year.
CMCSS will be accepting Pre-Kindergarten applications for the 2016 -17-school year this month for schools with openings. First priority must be given to children verified as economically disadvantaged or have other identified at-risk characteristics, a mandate from the Tennessee Department of Education.
All parents must complete the application process for their child to be considered for placement in CMCSS Pre-Kindergarten. Openings are limited.
Children must be four years old before or on Aug. 15, 2016 (birth date must be between Aug. 16, 2011 and Aug. 15, 2012) and live in Clarksville-Montgomery County.
A copy of the documents listed below must be presented before receiving the application packet. Please have the originals available for verification.
* Official Birth Certificate
* Up-to-date Physical
* Shot Record on the TN Immunization Certificate
* Proof of Residency – Parents or guardian must provide one of the following items listed: Most recent CEMC, CDE, or CG&W bill; Mortgage Statement or Deed; Lease/Rental Contract. If a parent/guardian lives with someone else, he or she must bring a notarized letter from the person residing at your present address and one of the above documents.
* Two different official documents verifying the current household income (All adults in the household are required to report their income).
First document must be one of the following: Tax Form 1040A or 1040 or AFDC/Public Assistance form with their EBT Card (Official DHS eligibility letter for Food Stamps and/or Family First).
Second document must be one of the following for non-active military: W-2 form, Veteran’s Benefit Letter; W-2; Unemployment Compensation; Verification of pay by employer (2 Current pay stubs); Child Support.
Active Military A current LES is required for all active military.
The Application Opportunity will be Wednesday, July 20 and Thursday, July 21 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Byrns L. Darden Elementary School, 609 E Street, Clarksville, Tennessee 37042. This opportunity will be held on both days at Byrns L. Darden.
* If a school is not listed, then the school is at its maximum capacity, and parents need not apply.
Wednesday, July 20: Darden, Kenwood, Ringgold, Hazelwood, and Woodlawn
Thursday, July 21: Darden, Smith, Montgomery Central Elementary School, Moore, St. Bethlehem