Ready, Set, Register
August 9, 2016
Please note: This article was originally published on 8/9/2016. Information and/or dates from past events may be not be relevant for the current school year.
If your student is new to Clarksville-Montgomery County Schools, or are transferring between schools, enroll online by visiting https://enroll.cmcss.net
To complete the enrollment process, parents may need to go to their zoned school with necessary documents:
- A birth certificate or other proof of date of birth
- State law requires that a copy of a student’s state-issued birth certificate be in their cumulative folder. Schools can accept other proof of date of birth for registration, but the parent/guardian needs to provide a copy of the child’s state-issued birth certificate.
- Student’s Tennessee Immunization Record
- A complete medical exam is required for all Pre-K enrollees. Evidence of completed exam can be presented upon registration. A medical exam is recommended for all students in grades K-12 at time of registration. See the Health Services page for more information.
- Proof of Custody (if requested by school)
- Two (2) Proofs of Residence (Example: water bill, electric bill, lease agreement, or other residency, etc.) Other residency information may be requested by the school.
- Power of Attorney For Care of a Minor Child form (required in certain circumstances)
According to the State Department of Education, children entering kindergarten shall be five (5) years of age on or before August 15 for the 2016-17 school year. Tennessee State Law also requires that a student going into the first grade must show proof of attendance in an accredited kindergarten program.