The Clarksville-Montgomery County School System offers Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten classes on an application basis as established by the Tennessee Department of Education. Voluntary Pre-K classes promote a high-quality academic environment, which fosters the love and joy of learning and promotes success in kindergarten and throughout the child’s life.
Students must be 4 years old on or before August 15, 2021 to be enrolled in Pre-K for the 2021-22 school year. Families will be asked to provide documentation to determine if they meet the income requirements set by the state. Pre-K classes will be filled using the guidelines set forth by the State of Tennessee for Voluntary Pre-K:
1) The Grantee shall enroll children residing in the geographic area served by the Grantee who are four (4) years of age on or before August 15 for the current school year and who are at risk. For purposes of this program, at risk shall be defined as follows:
a) Children who qualify as economically disadvantaged per the Income Eligibility application and income guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, regardless of the student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) status; or
b) Are dependent children, as defined by T.C.A. § 49-6-101(f)(1)(A) whose parent was killed, died as a direct result of injuries received as a result of war, or is or has been officially reported as a prisoner of war or missing in action.
2) Subject to availability of space and resources after exhausting all efforts to enroll at risk four (4) year-olds (as defined by A.1. Student Eligibility), the Grantee may enroll additional students who don’t meet the income eligibility requirements but are residing in the geographic area served by the Grantee in accordance with the following priorities and in accordance with guidelines set by the TDOE:
a) Children who are four (4) years of age on or before August 15 for the current school year with disabilities, students identified as English Learners (EL), in state custody, or who are screened and identified as educationally at-risk, determined pursuant to 20 U.S.C. § 1400 et sec.;
b) Children who are four (4) years of age on or before August 15 for the current school year who have been in the Tennessee Early Intervention System (TEIS) or Even Start program;
3) Enrollment in the VPK program shall be voluntary.
1) Visit https://parents.cmcss.net/
2) Enter your child’s information, select “Next year, Starting August 2021” next to “For which school year are you enrolling your student?” and click Continue.
3) On the next screen, select “PK3” or “PK4” next to “In what grade will your student be when they start their CMCSS school?” and click Continue.
4) Please complete the Pre-K Questionnaire on the next screen and click Continue.
5) After completing the Pre-K Questionnaire, please follow the prompts to complete the rest of the application information.
6) After you have completed all sections of the application, a member of the Pre-K team will contact you to schedule a Zoom meeting during one of the application dates/times below. Please check your spam folder during this time. Additionally, before the scheduled Zoom meeting, please have a copy of your child’s birth certificate and your household’s proof of income available. The following are accepted proofs of income:
- a month’s worth of pay-stubs (TN requires gross income, therefore pay-stub must show gross income)
- if military, most recent LES (TN requires both BAH & Base pay to be added)
- recent food stamp letter (must show eligibility dates, case# & parent’s name)
- SS award letter
- 2020 Income Tax (form 1040 or W2)
- unemployment benefits
- disability benefits
Application Interview Dates and Times (your scheduled date/time for an interview via Zoom will be communicated to you):
April 5, 2021 | 8:30-11:30 a.m.
April 8, 2021 | 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m.
April 9, 2021 | 1:00-3:30 p.m.
April 14, 2021 | 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:00-6:00 p.m.
April 15, 2021 | 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:00-6:00 p.m.
April 19, 2021 | 8:30-11:30 a.m.
April 20, 2021 | 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:00-6:00 p.m.
April 22, 2021 | 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:00-6:00 p.m.
April 27, 2021 | 8:30-11:30 a.m.
April 30, 2021 | 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:00-6:00 p.m.