Please Note: Students must complete the registration process prior to taking an Official Practice Test.
Clarksville-Montgomery County Schools Adult Education Program will Educate, Empower, and Enable ALL students to become contributing citizens who can succeed in an ever-changing world. We are committed to focusing on high expectations, individual academic success, and preparing adults to become college and career ready.
Contact Phone Numbers
Student Coordinator: 931-896-2791
Student Career Coach: 931-896-2792
General Line: 931-542-2467
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
207 Oak Street, Clarksville
- Classes for anyone 18-years-old and older who wish to earn a high school equivalency diploma by taking the High School Equivalency Test (HiSet) in advance towards higher education, career pursuits, etc. Day and night time classes are available at our Clarksville location and day classes at our Fort Campbell site.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes are for individuals who want to learn to read, speak, and write English and/or pursue Citizenship. Day and night time classes are available at our Clarksville location and day classes at our Fort Campbell site.
- Individual or small group tutoring through Adult Literacy is for individuals who need to improve their skills in reading, math, writing, etc. Enrollment in these classes is for all adult learners in Clarksville and Fort Campbell.
- Classes to improve your employment skills to include resume writing, how to handle challenges in the workplace, etc. Enrollment in these classes is for all adult learners in Clarksville and Fort Campbell.
- Assistance, through our Student Career Coach, with referrals to community-based agencies to assist students with advancing their education or career pursuits. This can include referrals to the Employment Opportunity Center (EOC), community colleges/universities, and the Tennessee College of Applied Technology.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
In person registration is available at the Adult Education Center, 207 Oak Street, Clarksville 37042.
- You must be at least 18 years old and currently out of high school to register for Adult Education classes;
- Children are not permitted during the registration process
- Potential students who are 17-years-old cannot be enrolled in Adult Education, without the special permission from the CMCSS Director of Schools.
Clarksville-Montgomery County Adult Education does not discriminate in employment or admission on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service.
Equal Opportunity employment/program and Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
This project is funded through an agreement with the Department of Labor and Workforce Development.