STEM at Moore Magnet Elementary
Moore Magnet STEM School offers STEM integration Kindergarten through Fifth-grade. STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) is embedded across the curriculum at Moore. Students apply their knowledge to solve challenges aligned with real-world problems tied to local community issues. Moore Magnet Elementary was one of the first schools in the state to receive the prestigious Tennessee STEM School Designation. Additionally, Moore Magnet was the first Montgomery County Green Certified School.
What the School Offers:
- Cross-grade-level student collaboration on future sustainability challenges
- Technology: 1:1 Technology for all students
- Outdoor Classroom and Garden
- Themes: Cross-curriculum quarterly themes
- Robotics: LEGOS, Drones, and Makerspace
- Career Readiness: Virtual Job Shadowing Program for K-5 Students
- Electronic STEM Portfolios: Grades 3 – 5
- Partnerships: 4-H, Austin Peay State University, and many ongoing community business connections
- Student Field Experiences: Huntsville Space Camp, Roxy Regional Theatre, and more
- In-school and After-school Interest Clubs: Drama, gardening, culinary, art, music, fitness, and more
- Before and after-school care through the YMCA Fun Company
Information on the 2022-2023 School Year
The application for the 2022 – 2023 school year will be available during the Application Window period beginning in January 2022.
Space in the program is limited.