CMCSS K-12 Virtual
CMCSS K-12 Virtual will be offered as a school of choice for the 2022-2023 school year. The application period for schools and programs of choice begins January 14, 2022.
K-12 Virtual was designed for students who may not thrive in the traditional school environment but are academically ready to learn in a more self-directed setting. These students should excel at utilizing digital tools and resources to enhance their mastery of grade-level content.
Successful virtual students are self-motivated, organized, and, with the help of teachers and learning mentors, can take responsibility for their own learning.
Parent Information Meetings
Information meetings will be held for families who wish to learn more about the CMCSS K-12 Virtual environment.
Use the link below to sign up for one of two meeting times:
Monday, January 17, at 12:00 pm
Thursday, January 20, at 6:00 pm
Both meetings will be held over Zoom. Only families who register prior will be sent the meeting link.
If you are unable to attend the sessions and have questions, please contact [email protected]
The Learning Mentor for CMCSS K-12 Virtual is the adult who assumes responsibility for the student’s full academic participation. Learn more about the role of a Learning Mentor in the videos below.
What is CMCSS K-12 Virtual?
- K-12 Virtual follows the same calendar as the traditional CMCSS school calendar.
- A full-time virtual learning environment with live instruction.
- Staffed by CMCSS teachers who are certified by the Tennessee Department of Education.
- Abides by all the State of Tennessee and School Board policies governing promotion, retention, and graduation.
- Provides a technology device for each enrolled student.
- Students who qualify for free/reduced lunch AND do not have internet access will be able to apply for a hotspot.
- Offers core content (English-language arts, math, science, and social studies) in grades K-8.
- Offers high school courses that meet graduation requirements and provide additional focus and support for academic success.
- As a school of choice, athletics, extra-curricular, and co-curricular activities are not offered to CMCSS K-12 Virtual students.