The weather is constantly monitored by the Operations Department to ensure that our students are safe while they are on our buses and in our school buildings. We have emergency plans in place and weather emergency drills are a part of the educational process at CMCSS.
2021-2022 Inclement Weather Plan
- The first five days missed by students will not be made up and will come from stockpiled student days.
- The sixth day missed and subsequent days will be made up as available:
- January 5, 2022 (staff development day)
- February 21, 2022 (Presidents Day)
- March 2, 2022 (staff development day)
- Thirty minutes added to thirteen days not to infringe upon the state testing window to account for one make-up day
- Make up for days missed beyond this plan will be determined as circumstances require.
Inclement Weather Transportation
In response to the COVID-19 global pandemic in 2020, the Student Transportation Department conducted a detailed transportation study. As a result, the District decided to enhance its transportation service by requiring buses to travel additional roads and by adding additional bus stops to many routes. The enhanced routes, which are provided every school day, combine regular and the previous inclement weather routes. This enhanced service provides bus stops closer to many students’ homes. Parents must ensure that their students are at their assigned bus stops five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive. CMCSS buses will not travel additional roads or make additional stops during inclement weather. Students will be picked up and dropped off at the same bus stop every day.
In the event of closings or delays, employees should refer to policy HUM-A021 regarding Leave Due to Inclement Weather and Other Emergencies.