Ready, Set, Register!
If your student is new to CMCSS or is transferring between schools, please begin the enrollment process online using Parent Self Service.
To complete the enrollment process, parents may go to their child’s zoned school or the Enrollment Center with the necessary documents. However, parents visiting the Enrollment Center still may need to go to their child’s zoned school to complete portions of the enrollment process, including registering for classes.
Printed copies of the necessary documents must be presented at the Enrollment Center. Electronic copies will not be accepted. If you are unable to access a home printer, visit the Clarksville-Montgomery County Public Library, which has printing services on the second floor.
- A birth certificate or other proof of date of birth
- State law requires that a copy of a student’s state-issued birth certificate be in the cumulative folder. Schools can accept other proof of date of birth for registration, but the parent/guardian needs to provide a copy of the child’s state-issued birth certificate.
- Student’s Tennessee Immunization Record (Click the link for more information)
- A complete medical exam is required for all Pre-K enrollees. Evidence of completed exam can be presented upon registration. A medical exam is recommended for all students in grades K-12 at the time of registration. See the Health Services page for more information.
- Proof of Custody (if applicable)
- Two (2) Proofs of Residence:
- Mortgage Verification (with name and address)
- Tax Receipt (property taxes or personal property taxes)
- Current Rental Agreement (naming tenants)
- State/Federal Records (Federal Tax, Soc. Sec, Child Assistance Records)
- Utility Bills (electric, gas, water/sewer, landline phone, waste disposal)
- Current Car Insurance or Vehicle Registration (with name and address)
- Internet, Cable, Satellite (with name and address)
- Employment Records (with name and address)
- Government Issued Photo ID (with name and address)
- Power of Attorney For Care of a Minor Child form (required in certain circumstances)
According to the State Department of Education, children entering kindergarten shall be five (5) years of age on or before August 15 of the current school year. Tennessee State Law also requires that a student going into the first grade must show proof of attendance in an accredited kindergarten program.
According to INS-A076, CMCSS does not screen for early entry into Kindergarten.
For questions regarding the registration process, contact the Enrollment Center at 931.542.5078.
Please contact K-12 Virtual Enrollment Specialist Ashley Pledger at 931-553-1117 or [email protected] to learn more about CMCSS K-12 Virtual School enrollment.
To register for Pre-K, please visit the Pre-Kindergarten Registration page.
The CMCSS Enrollment Center, located at 430 Greenwood Ave., is open M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., throughout the calendar year when district offices are open. The Enrollment Center is available for families registering kindergarten through 12th-grade students.
To contact the Enrollment Center, please call 931.542.5078.
The Enrollment Center serves as a centralized location for parents and guardians to register their children and obtain documentation, resources, and support for the enrollment process. Parents and guardians are able to begin the registration process at the Enrollment Center, including the ability to submit important registration documents such as birth certificates, health forms, statement of residence, etc., which will be scanned and sent electronically to the school at which the child is zoned. Parents and guardians still have the option to complete the enrollment process at their child’s zoned school when buildings are open and staff is available.