Ready, Set, Register!
If your student is new to Clarksville-Montgomery County Schools or is transferring between schools, enroll online by visiting https://parents.cmcss.net
To complete the enrollment process, parents may go to their child’s zoned school or the Enrollment Center with necessary documents. However, parents visiting the Enrollment Center still may need to go to their child’s zoned school to complete portions of the enrollment process, including registering for classes.
- A birth certificate or other proof of date of birth
- State law requires that a copy of a student’s state-issued birth certificate be in the cumulative folder. Schools can accept other proof of date of birth for registration, but the parent/guardian needs to provide a copy of the child’s state-issued birth certificate.
- Student’s Tennessee Immunization Record
- A complete medical exam is required for all Pre-K enrollees. Evidence of completed exam can be presented upon registration. A medical exam is recommended for all students in grades K-12 at time of registration. See the Health Services page for more information.
- Proof of Custody (if applicable)
- Two (2) Proofs of Residence:
- Mortgage Verification (with name and address)
- Tax Receipt (property taxes or personal property taxes)
- Current Rental Agreement (naming tenants)
- State/Federal Records (Federal Tax, Soc. Sec, Child Assistance Records)
- Utility Bills (electric, gas, water/sewer, landline phone, waste disposal)
- Current Car Insurance or Vehicle Registration (with name and address)
- Internet, Cable, Satellite (with name and address)
- Employment Records (with name and address)
- Government Issued Photo ID (with name and address)
- Power of Attorney For Care of a Minor Child form (required in certain circumstances)
According to the State Department of Education, children entering kindergarten shall be five (5) years of age on or before August 15 of the current school year. Tennessee State Law also requires that a student going into the first grade must show proof of attendance in an accredited kindergarten program.
The Tennessee Department of Education has not yet released the Pre-K application for the 2021-2022 school year. After CMCSS receives information from the state, the district will release application information, including dates, times, and locations for application events. Based on previous timeframes for receiving information from TDOE, CMCSS is typically able to begin accepting applications in April.
For more information on Voluntary Pre-K in Tennessee, please visit https://www.tn.gov/education/early-learning/voluntary-pre-k.html
In Tennessee, parents have the option to educate their children at home, an option known as homeschooling or home education. Click here for more information. The CMCSS Student Services Department is the point of contact for homeschooling questions.
The CMCSS Enrollment Center, located at 430 Greenwood Ave., is open M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., throughout the calendar year when district offices are open. To contact the Enrollment Center, please call 931.542.5078.
The Enrollment Center serves as a centralized location for parents and guardians to register their children and obtain documentation, resources, and support for the enrollment process. Parents and guardians are able to begin the registration process at the Enrollment Center, including the ability to submit important registration documents such as birth certificates, health forms, statement of residence, etc., which will be scanned and sent electronically to the school at which the child is zoned. Parents and guardians still have the option to complete the enrollment process at their child’s zoned school when buildings are open and staff is available.