2019-2020 Zoning Recommendation
December 4, 2018
The Clarksville-Montgomery County School Board on first reading at the Dec. 4, 2018 School Board Study Session heard the recommendation that no changes be made to the elementary, middle, or high school zone lines for the 2019-2020 school year. The recommendation was made by the CMCSS Zoning Project Team, which ensures equitable distribution of resources according to the learning needs of all students per the following guidelines:
- Consider the proximity of students to existing schools
- Move as few students as possible
- Transport students the least distance possible
- Consider the BEP capacity and percent-utilization of existing facilities
- Allow for future growth where possible (based on Planning Commission lot and permit data)
Taking these guidelines into consideration, the Zoning Project Team made the following recommendation to the School Board:
- No change to elementary, middle, or high school zone lines for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Portables will be used to balance capacities across all school zones.
To provide feedback on this recommendation, please click here. The deadline to provide feedback is Jan. 8, 2019.
A public hearing will be held on Jan. 8, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. and a final zoning recommendation will be presented to the School Board on Jan. 15, 2019 for voting.