CMCSS Reopening Update July 24
July 24, 2020
The district has made several updates to its health and safety protocols for the traditional model. There are updates in the following categories:
- Cafeteria/Child Nutrition
- Cleaning/Sanitizing/Facility Operations
- Continuum of Learning – Moving from Traditional to Remote
- Updated metrics and criteria for moving from traditional to remote
- COVID-19 Exposure Response Plan
- New CMCSS Return to Work/School Flowchart
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Monitoring Equipment & Personal Hygiene Supplies
- Face Masks (now required for elementary students; updated guidance for all students and employees)
Please click here to review the full health and safety overview.
Parents/guardians who have already submitted their responses for traditional vs. CMCSS K-12 Virtual should contact their child(ren)’s enrolled school no later than Friday, July 31, if they need to change their choice(s) after reviewing the update. The front offices at schools are open M-F from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Next week, school-based personnel will be reaching out via telephone to parents/guardians from whom we have not received responses to ensure all families have the opportunity.
Families choosing traditional for their child(ren) should make preparations throughout the year in the event that school buildings are closed and remote learning must take place for all students.
For families who selected CMCSS K-12 Virtual for their child(ren), counselors and administrators will begin the process of case reviews next week. Counselors and administrators will only reach out to parents/guardians of students for which there are concerns or necessary course changes. Counselors and administrators will not reach out if there are no course changes or concerns. All parents/guardians of students who have selected CMCSS K-12 Virtual will receive additional communications in the coming weeks with more information about Learning Mentor trainings, laptops, etc.