Spectators at Athletic Events
January 22, 2021
Please note: This article was originally posted during a previous school year. Information and/or dates from past events
may be not be relevant for the current school year.
As CMCSS implements its phased return to in-person learning the week of Jan. 25, the district’s Communicable Disease Team has approved a plan to allow a limited number of household spectators at athletic events. The following protocols will be in place at all CMCSS-hosted athletic events effective Mon., Jan. 25:
- Two (2) household members per student-athlete from both the home team and visiting team are allowed to be in attendance.
- TSSAA defines “household member” as the student’s parents/guardians or other immediate household members. TSSAA has recently extended this to include grandparents.
- Each school will communicate protocols for students and visiting teams to turn in the names of spectators for each contest.
- All spectators are expected to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms prior to the game and not attend if any such symptoms exist.
- All spectators are required to wear a mask the entire game.
- All spectators are required to be physically distanced the entire game.
- All spectators will be screened before entry into the facility, including temperature checks.
- Facilities will be cleaned by custodial staff after each game.
As TSSAA stated, those who fail to follow protocols are hurting all of our student-athletes and their possibility of completing the season. CMCSS has the authority to enforce health and safety guidelines for spectators and the right to remove spectators who do not adhere to the guidelines. Additionally, school and district leaders have the authority to prohibit spectators if there are concerns. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.
For more information on the Safety & Health protocols for Traditional Students, please click here.