January 5, 2022 Update for Families
January 5, 2022
Happy New Year! Please see below for a few reminders and updates as we embark on the second semester of the 2021-2022 school year.
Classes Resume Tomorrow, Thursday, January 6, 2022
Please know CMCSS is closely monitoring the forecast for the upcoming winter weather. If school buildings are closed, the CMCSS Communications Department will use SchoolMessenger to notify families via call, text, and email. Parents and guardians can use the Parent Self-Service Portal at parents.cmcss.net to update contact information throughout the year. The district also will share inclement weather closure updates on official CMCSS social media accounts, www.cmcss.net, and local media. Please ensure that you check your sources when viewing school closure information on social media. For official CMCSS social media accounts, follow us @cmcssinfo on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
The spread of COVID-19 in Montgomery County has reached the levels we observed in late August and early September 2021. Please continue to visit cmcss.net/covid19 for the District’s data dashboard, mitigation strategies, and updates.
Please note that federal and state guidelines regarding quarantines have been updated. This update reduces the quarantine period for both individuals who test positive and close contacts as well as other changes. Please refer to the CMCSS Return to School/Work Flowchart for updates.
Finally, please remember the simple actions you can take to protect yourself and others from getting sick from cold, flu, and COVID-19:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze in your bent elbow.
- Clean your hands often.
- Wear an appropriate facial covering indoors in common areas and crowded spaces.
Middle and High School Rezoning Recommendation
As shared throughout the year, with the construction of the Kirkwood Schools Complex, rezoning will be unavoidable for our community. At last night’s School Board meeting, an initial rezoning recommendation was presented. This rezoning recommendation will only affect middle and high schools, with middle schools rezoned for the 2022-23 school year and high schools for 2023-2024. Elementary school boundaries will be revisited before the 2025-2026 school year when Kirkwood Elementary is scheduled to open.
To learn more about the rezoning recommendation and how you can provide feedback, please visit cmcss.net/zoning.
CMCSS is providing annual notice of the following:
- In accordance with T.C.A.§ 49-6-1019 and Tennessee Department of Education Rule 0520-12-04, click here for CMCSS’ Prohibited Concepts in Instruction Complaint Procedure, which also is located on the CMCSS website.
- In accordance with the Textbook Transparency Act, CMCSS has provided an Online Textbooks Hub. This site is continuously updated. Additionally, click here for CMCSS’ policy on Parent/Legal Guardian Review of Instructional Resources (INS-A073).
- In accordance with the Teacher’s Discipline Act, click here for CMCSS’ Request for Student Placement Change Procedure, which also is located on the CMCSS website.